On-X Prosthetic Heart Valves
Safer With Less Warfarin
- The only aortic mechanical heart valve FDA approved with less warfarin
- >60% reduction in bleeding
- No increase in thromboembolism (TE)
On-X Life Technologies is a leading manufacturer of artificial heart valve replacement and repair products. On-X aortic and mitral prosthetic valves are FDA approved and have been safely implanted in more than 260,000 patients worldwide.
The On-X Aortic Valve is a newer generation heart valve made of a unique material and design characteristics compared with earlier generations of mechanical heart valves. The On-X Aortic Valve is the only mechanical valve with FDA and CE approval as being clinically proven safe with significantly less blood thinner (warfarin).18,† The American Heart Association guidelines state that less blood thinner may be reasonable for patients with the mechanical On-X Aortic Valve.3 In a prospective randomized clinical trial, On-X Aortic Valve patients with a reduced blood thinner dose† had > 60% fewer bleeding events without an increase in risk of stroke.18 The On-X Aortic Valve, as a mechanical heart valve, has a much lower risk of reoperation than tissue valves, with the additional benefit of less bleeding risk than other mechanical aortic valves because of the significantly lower amount of blood thinner required.3,†
If you are under the age of 70 years and need aortic valve replacement, ask your doctor about the On-X Aortic Valve, the only mechanical valve that is both likely to last a lifetime3,17 and safer with less blood thinner.18 ,†
†After 3 months standard therapy. See On-X Prosthetic Heart Valve Instructions for Use.18
On-X Heart Valves
- American Heart Association, Options and Considerations for Heart Valve Surgery. heart.org/heartvalvesurgery
- American Heart Association, Options for Heart Valve Replacement. heart.org/heartvalvereplacement
- Nishimura R et al., Circulation. 2017;135:e1159-95.
- Briffa N and Chambers J, Circulation. 2017;135:1101–3.
- Edwards Life Sciences Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Pericardial Aortic Bioprosthesis Model 3000TFX Aortic Instructions for Use.
- Edwards Life Sciences Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Ease Pericardial Aortic Bioprosthesis Model 3300TFX Instructions for Use.
- Edwards Life Sciences Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Theon Mitral Pericardial Aortic Bioprosthesis Model 6900PTFX Instructions for Use.
- Medtronic Mosaic Porcine Bioprosthesis with Cinch Advanced Implant System Instructions for Use.
- St. Jude Medical Trifecta Valve Instructions for Use.
- Wang M et al., Ann Thorac Surg 2017;104:1080-7.
- Kaneko T et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2014; 147:117-26.
- Edwards LifeSciences. Surgical aortic pericardial valves. edwards.com/aortic-pericardial, downloaded on 07/05/2017.
- Stelzer. Complex Surgical Repair and Reconstruction of the Aortic Valve and Root. www.ps4ross.com/ross-procedure
- CryoLife Data on File – CryoValve® SG Pulmonary Human Heart Valve Post-Clearance Study.
- David TE. Circulation 2009;119;207-9.
- Rajashekar P. J Pract Cardiovasc Sci 2015;1:289-93.
- van Geldorp M et al., J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;137:881-6.
- On-X Prosthetic Heart Valve Instructions for Use.
- St. Jude Medical Physician’s Manual Mechanical Heart Valve.
- CarboMedics Prosthetic Heart Valve Instructions for Use.
- Medtronic Open Pivot Heart Valve Instructions for Use.
- CryoLife interview with Mischel S., an On-X Mitral Valve recipient, 2016. Data on file.
- Korteland N et al., Interact CardioVasc Thorac Surg 2016 Jun;22:723-8.
- Glaser N et al., Euro Heart J. 2016;37:2658-67.
- Zhao DF et al., Ann Thorac Surg 2016;102:315–27.
- Goldstone AB et al. N Engl J Med 2017;377:1847-57.
Like to Know More?