The On-X Aortic Valve provides optimal mean gradients compared with other bileaflet and bioprosthetic aortic valves at ≥1 year.1,7-11,†
** Medtronic Open Pivot AP and AP360 (formerly ATS):
16 = 19, 18 = 21, 20 = 23, 22 = 25, 24 = 27, 26 = 29 †Postoperative data. Note: Mean gradients for On-X Aortic Valve 27 and 29 were combined.
- On-X Prosthetic Heart Valve Instructions for Use.
- LaGrange L et al., Compatibility of carbon and blood. Hegyeli RJ, Editor, Proceedings, Artificial Heart Program Conference, Washington, DC, June 9-13, 1969, 47-58.
- Nishimura et al., 2017 AHA/ACC focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2017;135:e1159–e1195.
- Normal INR is considered 1. WHO Expert Committee on Biological Standardization, 33rd Report, World Health Organization, 1983.
http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/39217/1/WHO_TRS_687.pdf, downloaded on 06/29/2016.
- Data on file.
- Levine M et al., Monitoring of international normalized ratios: comparison of community nurses with family physicians. Can Fam Physician 2012;58:e465-71.
- St. Jude Medical Physician’s Manual Mechanical Heart Valve.
- CarboMedics Prosthetic Heart Valve Instructions for Use.
- Medtronic Open Pivot Heart Valve Instructions for Use.
- Edwards Life Sciences Carpentier-Edwards PERIMOUNT Magna Ease Pericardial Aortic Bioprosthesis Model 3300TFX Instructions for Use.
- Medtronic Mosaic Porcine Bioprosthesis with Cinch Advanced Implant System Instructions for Use.
- Kandemir O et al., St. Jude Medical and Carbomedics mechanical heart valves in the aortic position comparison of long term results. Tex Heart Inst J. 2006; 33: 154–159.
- More R and Haubold A. Surface chemistry and surface roughness of clinical pyrocarbons. Cell Mater. 1996;6: 273-79.
- Korteland N et al., Quality of life and prosthetic aortic valve selection in non-elderly adult patients. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2016; 22: 723-728.
- Yanagawa B et al., Anticoagulation for prosthetic heart valves: unresolved questions requiring answers. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2016; 31: 176–182.
- Coumadin Labeling on FDA website. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/009218s108lbl.pdf, downloaded on 05/24/2016.
Like to Know More?