BioGlue Strength vs. the Competition
Safe, Simple, Effective
BioGlue’s two components, purified bovine serum albumin (BSA) and glutaraldehyde, are dispensed by a controlled delivery system. Once dispensed, the two components are fully mixed within the applicator tip. BioGlue, upon application to the tissue at the repair site, creates a flexible mechanical seal independent of the body’s clotting mechanisms.
BioGlue begins to polymerize within 20 to 30 seconds and reaches full strength within two minutes. BioGlue also adheres to synthetic graft materials through mechanical bonding within the interstices of the graft matrix.
CryoLife’s BioGlue syringe is a self-contained, easy to use, disposable delivery system requiring no thawing, reconstitution or manual mixing. The pre-filled syringe is available in 2mL, 5mL, and 10mL volumes to meet the hemostatic needs of the surgeon.
The all-inclusive packaging saves time and space while the design of the syringe optimizes access and visualization of the target site.
BioGlue Features & Benefits
- Clinically proven in more than 1.25 Million cases worldwide since 1998.
- More than 300 pre-clinical and clinical papers discussing safety, efficacy, and application techniques.
- Simple design allows for unmatched ease of use.
- No mixing or reconstitution required.
- Ready to use in seconds.
- Unprecedented strength and versatility allows for effective use in even the most complex cardiovascular procedures.
Does BioGlue contribute to anastomotic pseudoaneurysm after thoracic aortic surgery?
New Clinical Evidence Available
BioGlue does not Predispose to Anastomotic Pseudoaneurysm in Thoracic Aortic Surgery. Joshua Weiner, Shannon Widman, Zygmunt Golek, Maryann Babcock and John A. Elefteriades.
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Ventricular Assist Device Implantation
- Aortic Dissection Repair
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Carotid Endarterectomy Peripheral Bypass/AV access
- Peripheral Bypass/AV access
BioGlue is indicated for use as an adjunct to standard methods of achieving hemostasis (such as sutures and staples) in adult patients in open surgical repair of large vessels (such as aorta, femoral and carotid arteries).
CE (product certification) Mark Approval
BioGlue has been awarded three CE marks for its use in:
- Cardiac and Vascular repair
- Pulmonary repair
- Soft tissue repair
BioGlue is indicated for use as an adjunct to standard methods of surgical repair (such as sutures, staples, electrocautery, and/or patches) to bond, seal, and/or reinforce soft tissue. BioGlue may also be applied alone to seal and/or reinforce damaged parenchyma when other ligature or conventional procedures are ineffective or impractical. Indicated soft tissues include:
- Alimentary (esophageal, gastrointestinal, and colorectal)
- Abdominal tissues (pancreatic, splenic, hepatic, biliary)
Additionally, BioGlue is used in the fixation of surgical meshes in hernia repair.
Please refer to the Instructions for Use (IFU) pages for a detailed explanation of how this product can be used.