Since launch, BioGlue has been used in over
BioGlue is the Strongest Surgical Sealant on the Market1
Artery Burst Tests Show BioGlue is Significantly Stronger Than PreveLeak, Coseal, and Tridyne VS1
Reinforcing Why BioGlue...
Saves you time in the OR2,3
- Reducing operating room time
- Reducing cross clamp time
- Reducing circulatory arrest time
- Reducing bypass time
Saves your hospital money on blood products and hospital stay3,4
Provides better clinical results4,5,7,8
- Lower mortality rates compared to standard surgical technique (8.6% vs. 15% respectively)
- Lower pseudoaneurysm rates comparing BioGlue to standard technique (2% vs. 3.8% respectively)
- Over 500 published preclinical papers and clinical papers
- Murdock MH, et al. Cytocompatibility and mechanical properties of surgical sealants for cardiovascular applications. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. January 2019.
- Feier H, et al. The Influence of Albumin/glutaraldehyde Sealant in Early Results After Acute Type A Aortic Dissection. REV.CHIM.(Bucharest) - 70 - No. 6 - 2019.
- Chao HH. Torchiana DF. BioGlue: Albumin/ Glutaraldehyde Sealant in Cardiac Surgery. J Card Surg. 2003;18:500-3.
- Fehrenbacher, JW. et al. Use of BioGlue in Aortic Surgery: Proper Application Techniques and Results in 92 Patients. The Hearth Surgery Forum #2006-1066 (5), 2005.
- Internal BioGlue Bibliography.
- BioGlue Summary of Safety and Effectiveness.
- Bavaria JE, et al. Advances in the Treatment of Acute Type A Dissection: An Integrated Approach. Ann Thorac Surg 2002 74:S1848-52.
- Weiner J, et al. Role of Bovine Serum Albumin-Glutaraldehyde Glue in the Formation of Anastomatic Pseudoaneurysms. J Card Surg 2011;26:76-81.