- Physicians and Healthcare Professionals
- Reimbursement and Insurance Coverage
- Patients and Caregivers
- Products and Services
- Ordering Information
Cardiac Laser Therapy
What is TMR?
- 67-75% reduction in chronic pain associated with angina
- Longer-term, event-free survival
- Reduced readmission
- Improved quality of life
What is Transmyocardial Revascularization
Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR) is a treatment to help reduce or eliminate chest pain by increasing blood flow to blood deprived areas of the heart muscle for a patient suffering from:
- Severe Angina
- Chronic Angina
- Chest Pain (resulting from coronary artery disease)
The procedure takes place while the patient is under general anesthesia. When TMR is used as a sole therapy, the surgeon can access the heart through a small incision between the ribs. Using a precise, low powered laser, about 20-40 small 1mm channels are created in the target area of the heart muscle which stimulate new blood vessels to form.1
There is a complex and underserved patient population suffering from chronic angina refractory to medical treatment. You know them—last line patients whose pain keeps them coming back for help. Learn how TMR can help.
TMR is reimbursed as a primary treatment and as a secondary treatment to coronary artery bypass grafting. TMR is covered under numerous third-party coverage policies including Medicare.
Al Phillips had TMR in conjunction with his third bypass surgery. With all of his experience with bypass surgery, Mr. Phillips regards his surgery with TMR as the most influential. Mr. Phillips declares, “It literally saved my life.”
- Burkhoff D, et al. Lancet 1999 Sep 11;354(9182):885-90.
- Jones JW, et al. Ann Thorac Surg 1999 Jun;67(6):1596-601.
- Aaberge L, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002 May 15; 39(10): 1588-93.
- Allen KB, et al. N Engl J Med 1999 Sep 30;341(14):1029-36.
- Frazier OH, et al. N Engl J Med 1999 Sep 30;341(14):1021-8.
- Schofield PM, et al. Lancet 1999 Feb 13;353(9152):519-24.
- Allen, KB, et al. Ann Thorac Surg 2004 Apr;77(4):1228-35.
This brochure provides a brief overview of TMR which can be shared with patients and physicians to help explain Transmyocardial Revascularization.
Hear testimonials from TMR patients as they recount their stories of TMR with how their lives were before and after the procedure.