CryoValve® Aortic Valve
Solving the challenges of native and prosthetic endocarditis for more than 20 years.1,2
The Ideal Valve® for:
- Native and prosthetic aortic valve endocarditis
- Adult and pediatric valve replacement
- Small aortic root requiring AVR
- Women of childbearing age requiring AVR
- AVR patients who need to avoid prosthesis-patient mismatch
- Active lifestyle without anticoagulation therapy
|Tissue||Internal Diameter||Catalog Number|
|Aortic Valve with Conduit||6mm to 30mm||AV00|
|Aortic Valve w/o Conduit||6mm to 30mm||AV10|
Homografts, such as CryoValve Aortic Valves, are recommended by the current STS Clinical Practice Guidelines3 for patients with extensive active endocarditis destruction of the aortic annulus (Class I, Level of Evidence B) and can be considered for patients with endocarditis without annular destruction, especially when the potential for reinfection is elevated. (Class IIa, Level of evidence B).
Benefits of CryoValve Aortic Valves
In Cardiac Reconstruction:
- Flexibility to allow tailoring for extensive root reconstruction.
- Available with attached anterior mitral valve leaflet for repair of defects caused by resection of abscesses.
A True, Stentless Valve
Allows for an unobstructed left ventricular outflow tract and the attendant advantages of normal physiology.
CryoValve Aortic Allografts are indicated for the replacement of diseased, damaged, malformed, or malfunctioning native or prosthetic aortic valves, with the option of root replacement. Aortic heart valve allografts are used to repair both congenital and acquired valvular lesions. It is not necessary to match allograft valve type with implant side (i.e., an aortic allograft can be used to replace a dysfunctional pulmonary valve).5
- Doty JR, et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1998; 115:371-380.
- Sabik JF, et al. Ann Thorac Surg 2002; 74:650-659.
- Svensson LG, et al. Ann Thorac Surg 2013; 95:1491-1505.
- Byrne JG, et al. Ann Thorac Surg 2011; 91:2012-2019.
- Savage EB, et al. Ann Thorac Surg 2014; 98:806-814.
- Musci M, et al. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2010; 139:665-673.
- Yankah AC, et al. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2002; 21:260-267.
- Instructions for Use of CryoValve Cryopreserved Cardiac Allografts