Like to Know More?
BioFoam® Surgical Matrix
BioFoam Surgical Matrix is a unique, dual-action sealant and hemostat. BioFoam is delivered as a liquid and sets as a soft foam in seconds. Its expansion and viscosity properties are optimized to assist with controlled delivery into difficult-to-access spaces.
BioFoam is indicated for use on both cardiovascular and abdominal parenchymal tissue.1
Derived from CryoLife’s protein hydrogel technology
- Used with BioGlue, which has 15+ years of clinical application in over 750,000 procedures
- Flexible and pliable hydrogel foam after polymerization
- Biocompatible and biodegradable
Simple, ergonomic design allows for unmatched ease of use
- Room temperature storage
- Off the shelf and ready to use with no preparation or mixing required
- No manual compression needed
Assists in the control of bleeding
- Begins polymerizing immediately on application and adhering to the target site
- Remains flexible and conforms to irregular tissue
- More than 3 times stronger than fibrin sealants
- Controls bleeding independently of the patient’s coagulopathic state
- Can be applied during cardioplegia (10°-20°C)
BioFoam is not approved for commercial distribution in the following countries:
- Peoples Republic of China
- BioFoam is not approved for commercial distribution in the U.S.A
- BioFoam Post-Market Study (BFM0901) Final Results. CryoLife, Inc. Data on File.