BioFoam Surgical Matrix is a unique mixed-cell adhesive foam developed to enhance hemostasis. BioFoam is delivered as a liquid and immediately begins polymerizing, and expanding to seal the tissue and promote cellular aggregation at the bleeding site. Once applied BioFoam is easy to visualize, ensuring precise application where it is needed.
Derived from CryoLife’s protein hydrogel technology
• Strong safety profile supported by 10+ years of clinical experience and over 550,000 cases1
• Remains a flexible and pliable hydrogel foam after polymerization
Simple, ergonomic design allows for unmatched ease of use
• Room temperature storage
• Off the shelf and ready to use in just seconds, with no preparation or mixing required
• No manual compression needed
Assists in the control of abdominal parenchymal bleeding
• Begins polymerizing immediately on application and adhering to the target site
• Polymerizes independently of the patient’s coagulopathic state
• BioFoam's mean hemostatic time compares favorably to those reported for comparative products 2
1 This statement refers to BioGlue® Surgical Adhesive.
In the US, BioFoam is approved for investigational use only.
2 BioFoam Post-Market Study (BFM0901) Final Results. CryoLife, Inc. Data on File.